Pages

Thursday 20 February 2020

Women are to follow a Jesus not known from the Bible: Biblical Manhood and Womanhood P/8

                                                                                                                                                                           
                                                       Read Part One HERE

In this post I will focus on a lady named Ronda Chervin. As mentioned in my previous post, John Piper has used her list of characteristics to establish what mature femininity looks like.

John Piper was the Senior Pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minnepolis, Minnesota, and is the Chancellor of Bethlehem College and Seminary in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Ronda Chervin is, as I briefly mentioned in my previous post, a Roman Catholic Professor of Philosophy, who has now retired.

Her belief system is very problematic as I will show from the following statements made by her:

The joy of being a woman of God is to be the beloved of a perfect divine lover as experienced daily in Holy Communion.

I believe we have a long, long way to go before male and female relationships become beyond what Jesus and Mary would like them to be.

My experience is that women who go to daily Mass as often as they possibly can, allow Jesus right inside their bodies to fill them with love.

For me, daily Mass, Eucharistic Adoration and continual dialogue in prayer with Jesus, Mary and Joseph is what gives me peace and joy even in times of great misery.

It is very clear from the above statements that Ronda Chervin does not know the Jesus of the Bible. John Piper should have recognised that and should not have used her material. Moreover, he should have shared the gospel with her to enable her to become a follower of the true Jesus. Sadly, I do not believe he has done so.
 
Read Part Nine HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment