Pages

Monday 28 September 2020

The woman may like to marry a criminal: Above Rubies P/6


                                                      read Part One HERE

In this post I will begin to share from a story told by speaker and writer Nancy Campbell in her magazine "Above Rubies."

The story is about a couple named Connie and Jim with Connie giving the details of their lives together as printed in "Above Rubies." I will follow her statements with my comments.

Connie: "Jim and I met in 1966. He was 25 and I was 18. He had already been in prison for 7 years and going in again for 2 years. We married in that period and had a son. I became a believer at that time."

My Comment
Connie's choice of a husband was not wise since he was already a criminal by the time she met him who had been in prison since he was 18 years old. Moreover, she then had a son with him even though he was in prison so he could not be there for her and their son. It was, of course, very good that she became a believer. However, as we will see in future posts, it does not seem other more mature believers helped her understand how to live out her life before her husband and child. Perhaps that was because they themselves did not have the understanding needed to do so.
 
Read Part Seven HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment