Pages

Monday 29 March 2021

Wives should pray after having been spanked: Wife Spanking P/8

                                                       Read Part One HERE


 In this post I will begin to share another testimony of wife spanking. This story was willingly shared by Lauren, who was spanked by her husband and who eventually left her marriage. Her story was shared in correspondence form with another woman Julie Anne.

Julie Anne: "Lauren, bravo for you!! I am so glad you found the strength to leave your abusive marriage. How did you finally put it all together that wife spanking was wrong? Did  you find someone to share with? Did you get support from friends and family after leaving him?"

Lauren: "I got support from friends and it was only after I opended up to them that they helped me see it (wife spanking) was wrong. I am now estranged from my parents but I did not get their support. Instead, they wanted to know what I had done wrong to "need" to be punished and felt that I had abandoned my wedding vows when I left him."

Lauren: "I got spanked at home until I left to be with my ex when I was 21. Our church pastor growing up would talk about disciplining according to emotional age, not actual age. And I was told since I was acting immaturely, this was the consequence. I don't know where the line is, but looking back now I think I can say that spanking even at 14 or 15 was not right and certainly not up the age (21) I was."

Lauren: "It took such a long time because that line had been blurred from growing up and then being married. I didn't see it as abuse. It was not like he was drunk and beating me with his fists. It was confusing it felt no different than when I was at home. I would commit some offense that my parents/husband thought was wrong. I was told I was going to be punished. I would end up being spanked and afterwards I was told to pray."

 My Comment

One of the main problems of the patriarchal/complementarian teaching is that girls are always taught to obey the males in their lives starting with their fathers and continuing on with their husbands. They are never considered as mature and continue to be treated as immature children who need discipline, including physical discipline such as spanking, if their behaviour is considered rebellious. It is the father and later on the husband who decides what action is considered rebellious and needs punishment. Thankfully, in he case of Lauren, she eventually realised that wife spanking is abusive even though her parents never understood that to be the case.

I will continue Lauren's story in my next post. 

Read Part Nine HERE

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment