Pages

Thursday 1 April 2021

Wives must call their husbands "sir": Wife Spanking P/9

 

                                                      Read Part One HERE


In this post I will continue to share the story of Lauren who was was spanked by her husband and eventually left the marriage.

Lauren: "As far as wife spanking is concerned, I imagine the biggest thing that other women might be experiencing is that of embarrassment, demoralizing and feeling very disempowered. Especially, in situations where the woman feels something is wrong but might not think of herself as "abused." My husband was only two years older (but he is close to 6 feet tall and heavily muscled and I am around 5 feet tall and under 100lbs). Yet I was expected to call him "sir" at all times and I was often addressed as "young lady" or "little girl", which was a constant put-down that made me feel small and powerless."

Lauren: "Even the words I used to think make some women question whether it was wrong or not. It's not called "beatings" or "abuse" which is what it is. Calling it just "spanking" in some ways covers up what is going on, I think. I know for a long time I did not consider myself a battered or abused wife."

Lauren: "He wasn't hitting me with closed fists or objects. It ranged anywhere from a swat or two over my clothing to him spanking me in a more direct way that left me crying. But he never swore, or acted out of control. So I deluded myself to thinking that I wasn't like those women in shelters scared for their lives. While he never threatened my life physically and I still think he would never have that in him, the fact is that the abuse did threaten my "life" in terms of making me feel very alone and afraid, not very good inside."

My Comment

It is very understandable that Lauren mentions women being spanked is an embarrassing, demoralizing,  disempowering experience for them for that is the truth!!. Moreover, for Lauren to have to call her husband "sir" and for him to call her "young lady" or "little girl" proves that she was never allowed to grow up and act as an adult in the marriage relationship. It is very sad that it took her such a long time to consider herself a battered or abused wife. Thankfully, she eventually did recognise it and left her marriage.It is very sad too that she felt so alone and afraid during her marriage. However, it is not surprising she felt that way, especially because she did not feel she could share with anyone what happened to her during her marriage for quite some time.

I will continue with one more post on Lauren's story.

Read Part Ten HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment