Pages

Thursday 26 March 2020

Debi Pearl believes God approves of her teaching: His Helpmeet P/1



                                       

In this post I will begin to focus on a book by Debi Pearl "Created To Be His Help Meet."

The above book has been highly recommended by bible teacher Lori Alexander as follows:

"This is the best book my husband has never read! it radically changed my life and marriage and it does the same for most of the women I have given it to in the past eight years, more than any other book on marriage.
This is why I want to defend this book. The Pearls don't need me to defend them because God is their defender. However, I want to give my puny voice to their defense anyways." 


My Comment:

I am not sure if you are familiar with Debi and Michael Pearl. I had never heard of them until very recently. They are part of the fundamental, homeschooling circles in America whose views are in line with the teachings of people such as Bill Gothard, Doug Wilson and Doug Philips. I will share other less favourable comments on Debi Pearl's book in the next few posts.

P.S. We will eventually have a closer look at the three men I mentioned. 
 
Read Part Two HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment