Pages

Monday 16 March 2020

Lori has nothing more to say: Biblical Manhood and Womanhood P/15

                                                      Read Part One HERE


In this post I will share another message I sent to bible teacher Lori Alexander in relation to my questions on 1 Timothy 2:11-15 and in particular verse 15

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission.
I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.
For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the women who was deceived and became a sinner.
But women will be SAVED through childbearing - if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

My message was along the following lines:

Thank you for one of your previous responses to my questions, Lori in which you said you believe verse 15 means that childbearing is God's role for women. I did send you a new message you have not responded to which was along the following lines:

Dear Lori, 
Do you agree with me that you may be applying the literal interpretation method in order to understand verses 12, 13 and 14 but that you seem to apply a different interpretation method in order to understand verse 15? Thank you so much for patiently answering my questions in relation to this passage.

P.S. I  have not asked the Lori what advise she gives to women who are either not married or are married but do not have children since she believes that God has commanded women to be keepers at home and raise children. However, I did send her a final message which I will share with you in my next post.
 
Read Part sixteen HERE

 




No comments:

Post a Comment