Pages

Thursday 19 March 2020

Lori refuses to consider how 1 Timothy 2:11-15 should be interpreted: Biblical Manhood and Womanhood P/16


                                                      Read Part One HERE


In this post I will share with you my final message to bible teacher Lori Alexander related to I Timothy 2:11-15 and in particular verse 15

I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.
For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.
But women will be SAVED through childbearing - if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

 My message was as follows:


Dear Lori,

I noticed you have stopped engaging with me in our online conversation about I Timothy 2:11-15, and in particular my confusion about verse 15. Perhaps you have stopped engaging with me because you believe me to be a liberal feminist. Let me assure you, I am not. You can find details about me on my website www.ministryto-silencedwomen.com

I believe you to be a God-fearing woman who loves the Lord and wants to teach His Word to His children. I want to do so as well. You and I both know that one day we will stand before the Lord and He will make us accountable for the things we have done in our lives. Of course, you want to hear from the Lord these words: "Well done, good and faithful servant." And so do I. It is for that reason that I am writing this message to you for I want that very much for you.

That is why I am asking you to not completely dismiss my conversation with you but to stop for a moment and to be willing to consider that perhaps you have applied another method to understand very 15 compared to understanding verses 12, 13 and 14. If that is so, then I would like for you to ask yourself the next question which is, "If I cannot be consistent in my understanding of these verses since I have to apply a different interpretation method to verse 15, is it possible that I need to do some further study on verses 12, 13 and 14 (In fact verse 11 should  be included since it is part of this particular section of Scripture) to come to a correct understanding of this passage?

I appreciate your willingness to at least give an explanation for 1 Timothy 2:11-15 since Professor Wayne A. Grudem leaves that last verse out when teaching on I Timothy 2:11-15 because he comments only on I Timothy 2:11-14. This is, no doubt, because he knows that he cannot apply the literal interpretation method to verse 15 but only to verses 11, 12, 13 and 14. In his case, he conveniently leaves verse 15 out altogether. However, it is in Scripture so it needs to be taken into account. You have done that and I thank you for your willingness to do so. I would now like to ask you to prayerfully ask the Lord if you need to give more time to this passage for its understanding. Many women have been told they cannot minister in the way they sense the Lord is calling them and Lori, you can make a difference to these women by helping them be set free to follow the Lord's leading in their lives. May God bless you in all that you do for him."

Loes Tam
www.ministryto-silencedwomen.com/the-woman-restricted-for-a-season

P.S. Lori has not come back to me and I do not expect her to do so.
 
Read Part 17 HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment