Pages

Thursday 12 March 2020

To Lori God's command is for women to suffer in childbirth: Biblical Manhood and Womanhood P/14


                                                      Read Part One HERE


In this post I will continue to share my online conversation with bible teacher Lori Alexander on 1 Timothy 2:11-15, in particular 1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing - if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

In my previous post I shared Lori's comment on verse 15 as follows:

This means that childbearing is God's role for women. This is where they will learn more about Christ and being a servant than anywhere else. They will learn about suffering and sacrifice. It's God's perfect will for women.

My answer to her comment was as follows:

Thanks, Lori, for your response to my question. Your answer makes sense but I would like to know how you came to that understanding since it is not clear from the text itself, which as you will remember states, "But women will be saved through childbearing - if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

Lori's responded as follows:

We must take the whole of Scripture. We know, without a doubt, that one is saved by believing in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross. That's it. But our works prove what we believe. If we continue living in sin after we say we believe, it is doubtful that we are saved. God has commanded women to be keepers at home and raise children. This is His will for them so through their belief in Him, they should desire to want to obey Him.

In my next post I will share my follow up conversation with Lori, which sadly was only from my side since so far Lori has not responded to the next two online messages I sent her.
 
Read Part Fifteen HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment