Pages

Monday 12 July 2021

Women Cannot Be Senior Pastors: Robert Jeffress P/11


                                                                                Read Part One HERE


In this post I will continue to focus on Dr Robert Jeffress, Pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas who told his daughter when she was 11-years old that she could not be "head" or senior pastor just as he could not have babies...

My  Comment

I would like to introduce one final female Biblical character to Pastor Robert Jeffress, using Miriam as the one to introduce her... "Hello everyone... I have so enjoyed meeting with you these last few weeks.... Before I forget, I am Miriam.... And I have been introducing various friends to our pastor friend... Sad to say, this will be the last time I will be doing so for it has been a real privilege to have been given the opportunity to introduce some of my special women friends from the Book we all love so much.... The Bible... As for this time, I would like for him to meet  my special friend Junia.... I will let her do the talking."... "Hello pastor, good to meet you.... I have heard much about you from my friends such as Deborah, Mary Magdalene, Persis and Chloe.... Excuse me for being rude... My name is Junia.... I worked as an Apostle together with Andronicus... And we had a very close relationship with the Apostle Paul... In fact, we are his relatives... I believe there has been some confusion about my name in some of your Bible translations... But let me assure you that my name is Junia which is a female name... I believe, futhermore, that at least in one of your translations, the ESV, Andronicus and I are known "to the apostles" rather than "noted among the apostles."... I wonder if that is because I am a woman... However, the Apostle Paul had no problems recognising me as an Apostle because he saw me do the work of an Apostle.... A work that even caused me to be put in prison at a certain time in my life... I would like to invite you to study a correct translation of Romans 16:7 where you can read all about me."....

P.S. I hope you have enjoyed these stories of the pastor's meetings with some female Biblical characters to help him understand that women have served at every level in the Church...


No comments:

Post a Comment