Pages

Thursday 8 July 2021

Women Cannot Be Senior Pastors: Robert Jeffress P/10

 

                                                                               Read Part One HERE


In this post I will continue to focus on Dr Robert Jeffress, Pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas who told his daughter when she was 11-years old that she could not be "head" pastor just as he could not have babies....

 

My Comment

It is time for two more women to be introduced to the pastor we have all gotten to know so well... I will let Miriam take over from here... "Hello, pastor, good to meet you... Miriam here... I hope you very much enjoyed meeting Deacon Phoebe.. I am sure you agree with me that she was a remarkable woman having travelled all the way from her town Cenchreae to Rome to deliver the Apostle Paul's letter to the church in Rome....Today I would like for you to meet two female overseers.... I will ask them to introduce themselves to you.".... "Hello pastor.... It is good to meet you.... My name is Chloe.... I was the overseer of a house church in Corinth....You can read about me in 1 Corinthians 1:11.... At that time we had some challenging issues to deal with.... Thankfully, the Apostle Paul wrote to us via a letter you will know as his first letter to the Corinthians....His solutions to the issues helped us deal with these challenges....You may like to know that I was not the only overseer of a house church at that time.".... "That's right pastor.... Oh, my apologies, for not introducing myself.... My name is Nympha...I was the overseer of a house church near Colosse.... You can read about me in Colossians 4:16... I believe that in some of your Bible translations my name has been incorrectly translated as Nymphas and the church was supposed to have met "at his house."... Let me assure you that my name is Nympha and consequently the church met "at her house.".... I have heard too that you believe women cannot be "head" or senior pastors based on your view of 1 Timothy 3:2 "Now the overseer must be....., the husband of but one wife".... However, pastor, you can know from the original text of 1 Timothy 3:1 that Paul writes "everyone who desires to be an overseer desires a good thing" refers here to males as well as females since he used the Greek term "tis" for "everyone"which is a generic term. My dear frend Chloe and I are, therefore,  proof that the Apostle Paul supported female "head" or senior overseers or pastors since we both functioned as such... Perhaps, one day you may like to introduce us to your congregation."....

Read Part Eleven HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment