Pages

Thursday 1 July 2021

Women Cannot Be Senior Pastors: Robert Jeffress P/8

Read Part One HERE

In this post I will continue to focus on Dr Robert Jeffress, Pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas who told his daughter when she was 11-years old that she could not be "head" or senior pastor just as he could not have babies....

 

My Comment

This time I would like to introduce a small group of women from the Bible to Pastor Robert Jeffress, using Miriam as the one to introduce her... "Hello everyone, good to meet all of you... As you may guess, I am Miriam...I thought that today I would introduce some of my friends who have served as co-workers of the Apostle Paul to the pastor we have all gotten to know.".... "Hello Pastor, I trust you have appreciated getting to know the women I, Miriam, have presented to you... Today I would like for you to meet four women... I will leave the introduction to them.".... "Hello Pastor, good to meet you... Our names are Mary, Tryphena, Tryphosa and Persis.... Perhaps you are not familiar with us.... But you can find us mentioned in Romans 16:6 and Romans 16:12... We worked with the Apostle Paul.. And he greatly appreciated our ministry as  his co-workers... It is true that Paul did not describe our ministry in details but it did involve Kingdom Ministry.... And through our minstry lives were touched and changed... It was done at great cost to ourselves...But we can assure you that it was worth it... We were so grateful to be able to serve alongside the Apostle Paul... Of course, we did not do so in our own strength... No, we did so because we were called and equipped for our task by the Lord... I trust our example will encourage you to allow women in your church to function in their particular calling be it as co-workers so that many lives may be touched and changed by their ministry as well."....

Read Part Nine HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment