Pages

Thursday 18 November 2021

My friends have been dismissed from the church: Victims of Mark Driscoll P/8


Read Part One HERE


In this post I will continue to share Kim Thompson's story of abuse by Mark Driscoll, pastor of Trinity Church, Scottsdale, USA.

Kim: "We began to hear murmurings from people about Dustin Blatnik's mysterious disappearance from leading the worship. We heard that "he wasn't leading his family well." I found it interesting that he just disappeared with no explanation from the pulpit.I had never experienced that before. Normally when a pastor is dismissed something is said, wishing him well or explaining if there truly was sin involved."

Kim: "One time we had made dinner plans with another couple. The wife cancelled at the last minute and just told me that "something unexpected had come up and they could use some prayer." I did not see them for a few weeks at church so I reached out to her only to be told by her that they had been asked to leave the church."

Kim: "I began to notice more and more people disappearing from church. Then I heard stories about how people were told who they should and should not be friends with. We began to feel more and more uneasy about attending the church any longer."

Kim: "Leaving Trinity Church was certainly not easy. Looking back I see how the cultish aspects of Trinity Church really took a hold on me. Now that we have left, I have spoken to many more who all have very similar stories They are unique but have common themes to them - control, manipulation and fear mongering."

Read Part Nine HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment