Pages

Monday 29 November 2021

It is all about the Driscoll family: Victims of Mark Driscoll P/11


Read Part One HERE


In this post I will share the story of Chad Freese's abuse by Mark Driscoll, pastor ofTrinity Church, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA. Chad was in charge of security at Trinity Church before resigning.

Chad: "In one of the security meetings, you, pastor Mark, told the team that you are "the Head Coach" and no decisions are  made without your guidance and ultimate approval. You told the team if they did not like that, they could find another team. You went on to say the church is structured on your family's values and the security team is to support what you and your family believe. How about what God's values are and supporting what the Bible says?"

Chad: "At another meeting, you, pastor Mark, gave an overview of your background as pastor when you said, "I have the fastest growing church in the nation. I have the largest ministry presence in the southwest Unites States. My content reaches more people per month than any other church, and in December alone (2020) I hit over 10 million people around the globe. Every church in the valley is shutting down and I am exploding.It is miraculous how quicly I have grown." It was alarming to me how you talked about yourself. It was all about you. It was all about numbers. It was apparent to me that "It's all about Driscoll."

Chad: "At yet another meeting you, pastor Mark, went over a " Spectum Trust" with the staff, where you rated individuals on a sliding scale of 0-10 based on how much trust you and the church have in them. The higher level of trust, the more access someone gets to your family because you are at level 10. Once again is it all about the Driscolls.

Chad: "I have been told that the church cannot control who people can be friends with, but if people choose to be friends with those the church does not like or has fellowship with then these people can no longer be trusted and cannot volunteer or have fellowship with members of the church. The bottom line is: are you part of Team Driscoll, Trinity? I was surprised to hear that statement because my team is always Team Jesus."

P.S. This is my last post on abuse by pastor Mark Driscoll. In my next post I will begin to share stories of abuse by James MacDonald, (ex-) pastor of Harvest Bible Chapel, Rolling Meadows, Illinois, USA.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment