Pages

Thursday 25 November 2021

I might lose my position at the church: Victims of Mark Driscoll P/10


                        Read Part One HERE
 

In this post I will share the story of Luke Chase who was abused by pastor Mark Driscoll, Trinity Church, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA.

Luke: "I worked at Trinity Church as a worship assistant, and acted as interim worship director."

Luke: "While I learned a lot and did have some buffer of protection from worship pastor Dustin Blatnik who was my mentor and I consider to be a friend, my time on staff had its challenges. This problem was amplified once pastor Dustin was let go off and I was discouraged by other pastors from continuing to associate with him."

Luke: "The church leaders dictated who I was allowed to be friends with. There were some employees I was allowed to spend time with outside of work, probably because of their trust rating. Other employees I was told would be fired soon, and that if I were to hang out with them I might also be fired."

Luke: "On several occasions I was pulled into private rooms for disciplinary conversations. The infractions ranged from parking in the wrong lot to not being active with other worker when I had more important tasks to do. My supervisors resorted to cursing and itimidating me."

Luke: "I eventually resigned when it became clear that the abuse I experienced was not an isolated thing that was normal in the workplace, but a pattern of behaviour that goes far beyond what I first knew. I just couldn't continue to work for an organisation that required its employees to live in fear of being fired."

Read Part Eleven HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment