Pages

Monday 31 January 2022

Women are at fault: Bethlehem Baptist Church P/6

                                                      Read Part One HERE


In this post I will continue to share on the abuse of Ann Elizabeth Mekala at Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, previously pastored by John Piper.

Ann: "We had several reconciliation meetings between me and the male co-worker where the leaders of the organisation remained "neutral mediators" and my co-worker painted himself as a victim and me as the perpetrator."

Ann: "DARVO is an acronym for "DENY, ATTACK, and REVERSE, VICTIM, and OFFENDER."It is a common manipulation of psychological abusers. The abuser denies the abuse ever took place, attacks the victim for attempting to hold the abuser accountable, and claims that they, the abuser, are actually the victim in the situation. This happened in every mediation I had with him."

Ann: "When he broke down in tears how hard I was to work with and how other people on the team felt the same way, the leaders of the organisation would smile and affirm how repentant he was and how encouraging the mediation was going. The leaders of the organisation told me that with my personality I was probably better suited for a job in a secular context."

Read Part Seven HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment