Pages

Thursday 10 June 2021

WomenCannot Be Senior Pastors: Robert Jeffress P/2

 

                                                                               Read Part One HERE


In this post I will continue to focus on Dr Robert Jefrress, Pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas who told his daughter when she was 11-years old that she could not be "head" or senior pastor just as he could not have babies....

My Comment

I have decided to introduce a number of women from the Bible to Pastor Robert Jeffress.... I will start with Miriam, the sister of Moses and Aaron... I wonder what she would have said to him had she overheard his conversation with his daughter... I am sure she would have interrupted his conversation along the following line: "Excuse me, pastor, I could not help but overhear your conversation with your daughter. If I am right then you do not believe your daughter can have a leading position in the church because she is a female. ... Please forgive me for my rudeness for I have not told you who I am.... My name is Miriam.... Perhaps you have heard of me.... I am a Hebrew who lived in Egypt.... I have two brothers Moses and Aaron... My brother Moses was brought up in the palace of the Pharao until he was 40 years old.... He then spent the next 40 years in the desert.... But then God called him to lead our people out of Egypt... I am sure you are familiar with these facts...However, are you aware that God called me to be a leader beside my brother even though I am a woman?... Apparently, it was not a problem for God that I was a woman when he called me to be one of the leaders... I am, therefore, a little puzzled that you have told your daughter she cannot be senior leader in the church.... I fully understand, of course, that my example alone will not convince you to change your mind about this subject.... But there are many other women in the Bible who, like me, have had leadership positions.... You may like to meet some of them as well.... I am sure they would like to meet you to discuss this very important topic... By the way my story can be found in Exodus 2:4-9; Exodus 15: 20-21; Micah 6:4."

Read Part Three HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment