Pages

Monday 21 June 2021

Women Cannot Be Senior Pastors: Robert Jeffress P/5

                                                                               Read Part One HERE


In this post I will continue to focus on Dr Robert Jeffress, Pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas who told his daughter when she was 11-years that she could not be "head" or senior pastor just as he could not have babies...

 

My Comment

Hello overyone, it is time again for Miriam to introduce another biblical figure to the pastor we have begun to get to know so well... This time she has brought to him the Samaritan woman. Their conversation went as follows: "Thank you, Miriam, for introducing me.... As you will realise from Miriam's introduction, pastor, I am not a Jewess but a Samaritan woman.... On the whole Jewish people avoid us but one day I met a Jewish Rabbi... I met Him at the well near my town where I had gone to draw water... And He spoke to me... He asked me for some water... I was so shocked when He did that... And I told Him so... But it did not stop Him from continuing His conversation with me... He began to talk about "living water"... I did not know what exactly He meant by that but I knew I would like to receive that "living water".... He next began to talk about my husband...I felt I should kind of be honest with him so I told Him I did not have a husband...To my shock He then revealed to me that He knew everything about my life even up to my present situation... But He did not condemn me for the fact that I had been married five times and that I was not married to the man I was living with.... He would have known that my divorces have not been my own choice since as a woman I cannot divorce my husband while husbands can divorce their wives for all kinds of reasons... The most amazing thing is that He declared to me that He is the Messiah!!... The long awaited Messiah was standing in front of me.... A Samaritan woman....I was so excited by this revelation I ran quickly back to the town square where I knew the men of the town would be gathered... And they listened to me when I told them what had happened to me... They listened and believed!!... I then took them to meet Jesus.... So that day I changed from having been a despised women, a woman who had been looked down on, to a female evangelist.... All because of Jesus... He changed my life... He restored my dignity.... I am now respected in my community... I am now being listened to... My story can be found in John 4..... I sincerely hope that you will introduce me one day to your congregation just as Miriam introduced me to you today."....

Read Part Six HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment