Pages

Thursday 17 June 2021

Women Cannot Be Senior Pastors: Robert Jeffress P/4


                                                                               Read Part One HERE


In this post I will continue to focus on Dr Robert Jeffress, Pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas who told his daugher when she was 11-years old that she could not be "head" or senior pastor just as he could not have babies...

 

My Comment

Today I will once again ask Miriam to introduce a female Biblical figure to the pastor we have become familiar with... She is going to introduce Hulda to him... "Pastor, I, Miriam, thought you may appreciate getting to know another Biblical character... Her name is Hulda."... "Hello pastor... I am not sure if you even know of my existence since there are only a few verses about me in the Bible... You can read about me in 2 Kings 22:11-20... It is true, it seems I appear out of nowhere but I can asssure you that I was known by leading figures in Israel as a prophetess with a trustworthy record... That is why they turned to me for counsel when the king had need for guidance... The king was greatly comforted after he received my message...  And as a result, God's Covenant with my nation was re-established... I would like to encourage you to read the passage that speaks of me and my message for the king which, as I have already said, can be found in 2 Kings 22:11-20... God must have found these words important enough to include them in His Holy Word.. I trust they will become meaningfull to you as well.. And one day you may want to introduce me to your congregation.".... 

Read Part Five HERE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment