Pages

Monday 14 June 2021

Women Cannot Be Senior Pastors: Robert Jeffress P/3


                                                                               Read Part One HERE


In this post I will continue to focus on Dr Robert Jeffress, pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas who told his daughter when she was 11-years old that she could not be "head" or senior pastor just as he could not have babies...

 

My Comment 

Perhaps you remember that in my previous post I introduced Pastor Robert Jeffress to an Hebrew woman named Miriam... In turn Miriam would now like to introduce another woman of the Bible to him... Her name is Deborah... let's find out how that conversation went... "Good morning, pastor... I trust you still know who I am... I am Miriam... I told you I would like to introduce you to other women in the Bible... Today I would like for you to meet Deborah.... I am sure you have heard of her... I will now allow her to speak for herself."... "Good to meet you pastor... As you have already heard my name is Deborah... I am a Hebrew and my main role was that of a Judge in my nation... I know that some people believe that I should not have functioned as a Judge because I am a woman....They believe that God could not find a suitable man in Israel and that is why He had no choice but to select a woman as a Judge.... Perhaps that is your view as well.... If that is the case then let me assure you that I was a Judge in my nation because God appointed me for this role and planned for me to be a Judge long before this happened... This is a principle based on a verse in a Book you will be very familiar with namely Ephesians 2:10... Moreover, I was a female prophet.... Our nation had been at war for many years.... But God had shown me the He would give us victory over our enemy so I spoke with our general Barak... He asked me to accompany him...And I did... I then gave him specific instructions on how to fight the battle as shown to me by the Lord... And, consequently, we had victory.... We then had peace in our nation.... Would it surprise you if I told you I did not ask my husband's permission whether or not I could go with Barak to the battle field?... Neither did I speak with my Rabbi about it...My husband knew, of course, of my plans... And he has been supportive in all that I have been doing... He knew that I was called by God to be the Judge in our nation for that time.... By the way my story can be found in Judges 4-5....Can I encourage you to read these chapters and meditate on them to help you understand how God views women and how He desires to use them for His purpose without placing any limitations on their roles?"....

Read Part Four HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment