Pages

Thursday 24 June 2021

Women Cannot be Senior Pastors: Robert Jeffress P/6

                                                                                Read Part One HERE


 In this post I will continue to focus on Dr Robert Jeffress, Pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas who told his daughter when she was 11-years old that she could not be "head" or senior pastor just as he could not have babies...


My Comment

I would once again like to introduce a woman from the Bible to Pastor Robert Jeffress, using Miriam as the one to introduce her..... "Hello everyone, it is me again, Miriam....I thought it is time to introduce another friend of mine to our pastor friend... You know, the one who has a daughter who could not be senior pastor... I thought this time I would bring along my friend Mary Magdalene... I met with him... I asked him how he was and then introduced Mary Magdalene to him... The conversation went as follows: "Hello pastor, good to see you again... I trust you are well... I hope you have enjoyed meeting my friends Judge and Prophetess Deborah, Prophetess Hulda as well as the Samaritan female Evangelist from Sychar.....Today I would like for you to meet my friend Mary Magdalene."... "Hello pastor, as Miriam has already told you, my name is Mary Magdalene... I am called Mary Magdalene because I am from the town called Magdala.... However, I left my town to follow Jesus... I know it was very unusual in my time for women to leave home and to travel with Jesus... But that is what I did... And I had some other women friends such as Joanna and Susanna who travelled with Jesus as well... Jesus did something for me that no one else had been able to do... He delivered me from seven demons... I was so grateful!!... Then the day came that Jesus was crucified... My women friends and I watched Him suffer and die on that Cross.... I have to say, apart from John, I did not see any of the other male disciples... Three days later I went back to the tomb to take care of His body.... I was so shocked when there was no body.... I ran to Peter and John....They came and realised as well that Jesus' body was not in the tomb....They then went back home... I could not... I had nowhere else to go.... I then had two angels speak to me.... They did not understand why I was crying... I then saw another Man.... I thought He was the gardener.... He then spoke my name... I right away knew He was the Lord.... He had come back to life!!... I wanted to hold on to Him... But He had to see His Father....However, He gave me a task....I had to go to the other disciples to tell them He had risen....That is what I did!!... I have heard a rumour that some in the Church believe that I was a prostitute.... Please do not believe that story...I never was a prostitute... And part of the Church has given me the title of Apostle to the Apostles...No doubt, that is because, as I said, the Lord sent me to the disciples, including the eleven Apostles, to preach the Good News of His Resurrection as you can read in John 20:1-18... Can I ask you if you see me as the Apostle to the Apostles?"....

Read Part Seven HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment