Pages

Wednesday 9 February 2022

My dream is to be a pastor: Jane's experience P/1

 



I will begin to share the story of a young woman's experience at The Master's College (now The Master's University or TMU), which is connected to Pastor John MacArthur's church, Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, California, USA.   I will call her Jane eventhough that is not her real name. Her story covers a number of years of her life starting when she was fifteen before she entered The Masters' College.

Jane; "My name is Jane. Actually it isn't but my name doesn't matter. I am invisible. I have been erased."

Jane: "I'm fifteen. I just graduated high school early with a 4.0. My dad is a police officer and my mum has served the church for almost two decades as women's ministry director and children's minister. I've had a great childhood with loving parents and a nurturing church. Famous people like Billy Graham and Luis Palau are friends with my pastor. They come around here often. Everyone takes care of each other."

Jane: "I am seventeen. I am taking classes at a junior college. My dream is to be a pastor but women can't do that, so I'll go with my second choice. I'll become a Biblical Counsellor and maybe marry a pastor. I applied to all the Bible Colleges in the area and am accepted (with full ride scholarships to many of them), but all along I really want to go to The Master's College. It's the only one with a true Biblical Counselling degree. They have just started letting women into the program. I am one of two women in a room full of men."

Read Part Two HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment