Pages

Sunday 20 February 2022

I am not a rule breaker: Jane's experience P/4

 Read Part One HERE

 



 

In this post I will continue to share the story of a young woman's experience at The Master's College (now The Master's University orTMU), which is connected to Pastor John MacArthur's church, Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, California, USA. I will call her Jane eventhough that is not her real name. Her story covers a number of years of her life starting when she was fifteen before she entered The Master's College.

Jane: "Now I'm in a strange bar. I can't see clearly but it seems the same group of people are here along with the stranger. I look down and wonder where this dress that I'm wearing and these shoes came from. I wear a size ten and a half shoe - it's not like I can borrow shoes from just anyone. I find out the stranger bought them and put them on me. All I can think about is that the school would not approve of these clothes or being in a bar. I'm not a rule breaker. I don't want to get in trouble. The stranger puts a straw in my mouth and insists that I drink. I do but it is alcohol and again, I just want some water. He is still trying to ge me to drink, but I refuse. I am sliding out of the booth and onto the dirty floor but I can't stop myself. The stranger and everyone else is still laughing. The bartender tells us to leave and take me home."

 Jane: "My faculties are starting to come back and I begin to understand that I have spent several days and nights in this fog. I am angry that I have been left in the care of a stranger, and am starting to think that my friends don't care about me at all. I demand to go back to my dorm but I must sound funny because they are still laughing at me. Somehow, someone took me to my dorm, or maybe I got there by myself. I wake up a day and a half later."

Read Part Five HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment