Pages

Sunday 13 February 2022

An outing with Seminary students: Jane's experience P/2

Read Part One HERE

 

 

 

I will continue to share the story of a young woman's experience while at The Master's College (now The Master's University or TMU), which is connected to Pastor John MacArthur's church, Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, California, USA. I will call her Jane eventhough that is not her real name. Her story covers a number of years of her life starting when she was fifteen before she entered The Master's College.

Jane: "I'm twenty-one. It's 2006 and I've spent almost three glorious years at The Master's College. I still have good grades and only one year to go. My professors treat me like family - two of them in particular. One of them rushed me to the hospital last year when I was sick and sat by my bed throughout the night. I have learned so much from them. I want to be a Crisis Counsellor someday and help rape victims. I have been trained to do all the right things like call the police within 24 hours, remove battered spouses from domestically violent situations, and discern the telltale signs and behaviour of someone who has been raped.Some of my professors say they don't agree with John MacArthur on everything. They want us to learn to think for ourselves. This is scandalous news."

Jane: "Spring break starts tomorrow. I was going to go home today but last night I hit my head and suffered a concussion. The doctor said I need to take it easy so I decided to stay on campus and catch up on rest and homework. Not to brag or anything but I hang out with the smart crowd, and the smart crowd hangs out with the Seminary students from The Master's Seminary. They have invited me to go to a play in town and then to dinner. I probably shouldn't but it's an approved outing as some of the seminary guys are bringing their girlfriends and, of course, there will be no drinking, drugs, or dancing. We all had to sign a contract that we would not do those three things while attending Master's. It doesn't bother me. I don't drink or do drugs anyway." 

Read Part Three HERE


 


No comments:

Post a Comment