Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2022

I am told that I am rebellious: Jane's experience P/11

    Read Part One HERE



I will continue to share the story of a young woman's experience at The Master's College (now The Master's University or TMU), which is connected to Pastor John MacArthur's church, Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, California, USA. I will call her Jane eventhough that is not her real name. Her story covers a number of years of her life starting when she was fifteen before she entered The Master's College.

 Jane: "Rick says something about apologising for the dress I was wearing at the bar and for drinking alcohol. He says I caused this young man to stumble, and he is incensed that I have not dropped the charges with the police. He says he has been talking to Joe (the Assistant Dean of The Master's College), Sandra (the Biblical Counsellor) and my RD (Resident Director) and they all say that my story keeps changing. I wonder why they are all allowed to talk about it but I am not. If I am to be reinstated in the school I must agree to weekly counselling with Rick and the stranger. I am told that the stranger and I have committed this sin together and therefore we must work through it together. I must agree to sit next to the stranger in church every week."

Jane: "I don't know where to begin. Do I start with the fact that I didn't put that dress on or how my story isn't changing, I am just remembering more things. I feel confused and angry. I am yelling. I hear more accusations coming out of Rick's mouth. I am told that I am not submissive, that I don't trust the men that God has put over me, that I am rebellious. He is angry and I cannot keep up with all of the attacks that are flying out of his mouth. I am kicked out of school. I have less than twenty-four hours to get my things out of my room and get out. If I show up on campus I will be arrested. They are changing my three years of earned College credits from A's to F's. I have flunked out of College."

Read Part Twelve HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment