Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2022

The church leadership claimed to handle things biblically: Jane's experience P/13

                           Read Part One HERE
 


 

In this post I will share some of Jane's friend, Marci Prehei's, insights into abuse at Pastor John MacArthur's church, Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, California, USA. This church is connected to The Master's University (previously called The Master's College) as well as The Master's Seminary. Marci wrote the story of Jane.

 

Marci: "As someone who has attended Grace Community Church for several years, I can attest that I have witnessed people being silenced, bullied and being put out of church. I have experienced quite a bit of this myself as well in all three of the churches that I have attended over the years that are affiliated with Grace Community Church and The Master's Seminary."

Marci: "For years I too was a staunch John MacArthur follower. However, even back when I attended his church, my friends and I questioned some suspicious things - mostly women being mistreated at the hands of men and then blamed for the mistreatment. They were required to be silent about it and "trust the godly men that were put over them." 

Marci: "My friends and I all agreed that we didn't have all the information, and that the church leadership probably knew what they were doing. We trusted them to handle things biblically as they claimed to do. We agreed that we shouldn't speak of those things so as not to drag Jesus' Name through the mud."

Marci: "I was silent about an incident I was very close to about 25 years or so ago. Other people did speak up to no avail. I regret that silence because a student of The Master's Seminary who was a known sexual predator graduated from The Master's Seminary. He went on to become a youth pastor where he groomed and sexually preyed upon at least 8 women, perhaps many more. I have spoken out about a few of these situations, but it has never been for legal or monetary benefit - only a desire for internal change."

P.S. This is my last post on the abuse of Jane. In my next post I will begin to share the story of Eileen Gray's abuse at Grace Community Church, pastored by John MacArthur.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment