Pages

Sunday 13 March 2022

I have to apologize to my rapist: Jan's experience P/10

        Read Part One HERE


I will continue to share the story of a young woman's experience at The Master's College (now The Master's University or TMU), which is connected to Pastor JohnMacArthur's church, Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, California, USA. I will call her Jane eventhough that is not her real name. Her story covers a number of years of her life starting when she was fifteen before she entered The Master's College.

Jane: "I am standing outside the door to Rick's Office. I take a deep breath and feel confident to do whatever it is that he asks me to do. I open the door and am shocked to see the stranger sitting there. I am starting to shake and sweat. Rick asks me to sit down by my rapist. Rick speaks for the rapist."

Jane: "Rick tells me, "He has admitted to everything he has done. He has acknowledged his sin and that this relationship was not consensual and he has repented. Look at him, he is crying."

Jane: "I don't want to look at him but I do. I feel panicked sitting close to him. I am wondering why I have to be present if it has become clear that I am innocent. Why wasn't I immediately reinstated in school?"

Jane: "Now, it is your turn to apologise, Jane."  I do not think I am hearing right. I think that Rick Holland has just asked me to apologise to my rapist. Apologise for what? I ask."

Read Part Eleven HERE

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for exposing this travesty where a student at a Bible College is forced into a situation where she is told to drop charges and apologize to her rapist for calling the authorities. John MacArthur and Rick Holland are unsuitable as Christian leaders. They should be ashamed of themselves. I feel so badly that this young woman felt that their Bible College was her only option for graduating.

    ReplyDelete