Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2022

I am told to drop the charges: Jane's experience P/7

 
 

 Read Part One HERE

I will continue to share the story of a young woman's experience at The Master's College (now The Master's University or TMU), which is connected to Pastor John MacArthur's church, Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, California, USA. I will call her Jane eventhough that is not her real name. Her story covers a number of years of her life starting when she was fifteen before she started The Master's College.

 Jane: "Rick Holland tells me I have to go to the police and drop the charges or I will be brought in front of the church to be disciplined. I don't drop the charges. Not that it matters. The police interview the rapist and all the "friends" who were there and ruled it a "he-said, she-said" incident that can't be proven either way."

Jane: "I don't keep quiet either. I reach out to the professors who "disagree with John MacArthur on a few things." They won't see me. People are avoiding me. I feel their whispers. Even close friends are acting weird."

Jane: "I am trying to defend myself to Rick Holland, but he is angry and dismissive. He is openly offended that I would speak to him so frankly, and I am being accused of being hard headed. I understand there's a narrative being created about me but I don't know what it is. I only know I'm completely alone.

Read Part Eight Here


1 comment:

  1. No apology needed for the older post emailed via my subscription. It was good info. and thank you for having the courage to bring awareness to the fact that some Christian women experiencing rape are told not to press charges against their rapist or to drop charges depending on who their rapist is and where it took place. Disgraceful!

    ReplyDelete