Pages

Monday 7 March 2022

I willl be kicked out of College: Jane's experience P/8


Read Part One HERE


I will continue the story of a young woman's experience at The Master's College (now the Master's University or TMU), which is connected to Pastor John MacArthur's church, Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, California. I will call her Jane even though that is not her real name. Her story covers a number of her years starting when she was fifteen before she entered The Master's College.

Jane; "I am meeting with Rick Holland (again) -  the College Pastor for the church that is affiliated with the College (Grace Community Church). We are alone in his office. I think it is strange that there is not a third person present. I learned in my classes that a male and a female should never be left alone in a counselling situation... He insists I tell him everything.... I tell him every excruciating detail I can remember."....

Jane; "Rick leaves the room several times to go talk to Pastor John MacArthur. He comes back with Pastor John's ruling on the matter. Rick tells me that I need to be disciplined for doing drugs, drinking alcohol and almost dancing. He said the consequence for breaking the rules is that I will be kicked out of the College. He is angry at me for going to the police and the doctor. I should have let the church handle this without interference. He tells me not to tell anyone, not my fellow classmates, not my teachers, not anyone at church. "You are ruining that young man's life," he says."....

Read Part Nine HERE

1 comment:

  1. The callousness and hypocrisy of John MacArthur and Rick Holland toward this young woman who had been raped, is nauseating. Jesus said we would know his disciples by their love for one another. Where is the love in these two spiritual leaders? Where is the love in Grace Community Church? The cruel treatment of this woman is purely a result of complementarianism. A fulfilment of the prophesies in Genesis chapter three.

    ReplyDelete